Saturday, July 13, 2013

a little...

...girl time! My daughter and I sneaked out for a few hours this weekend by ourselves. Where did we go? BOOKSTORES! I have an avid reader, like both her daddy and I are, which makes me SO pleased. First, we dropped off her summer reading form at Barnes and Noble and got her free book. Then, we headed toward a local used bookstore that also had a summer reading program. From there, she received $5 in store credit. Well, her $5 in credit, plus an existing $7 credit, plus $5 cash, and we left with 18 books in our bag!


Half of the books are for her future Sonlight Core E (which I hope to hit about mid-year this year). 


All that book-looking can make a girl hungry! Well, I had a $5 gift card to Trader Joe's in my wallet from Christmastime, so we headed to the nearby TJ's to see what yummies we might be able to find. As you might have guessed, no problem finding something to satisfy our sweet tooth!


And, yes, believe it or not, we opened up the tailgate of our station wagon and sat right in the parking lot and wiped out the whole box... in about 2 minutes flat! I must admit, despite being a stay at home mom, this was my first-ever experience eating bon bons. I am tempted to indulge in the stereotype in the future. They are delectable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.