Tuesday, July 23, 2013

alpha jump


What's better than practicing your ABC's and their letter sounds? Well, getting to jump around while you do it!

We have a set of soft, interconnecting letter blocks. As well as the ABC's, they contain numbers 1-9. My daughter and son have done about a zillion different things with them, however I got an idea from a homeschool convention I attended a few months ago for yet another use. Today we played "Alpha Jump" (or whatever you want to call it, that's just what I came up with). I spread the letters out across the floor and called out a letter or a letter sound, and had my son jump to the appropriate square. He then called out letters/sounds for me to jump across. Giggles that came from challenges to jump further and further ensued. "I can't go that far, mom!" Or, "C'mon mom, you can do it!"
We had a sweet learning time this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.