Friday, July 5, 2013

red, orange, yellow, green...

On Unit 2 now... learning about Noah and that precious symbol of a rainbow, promising a future of restraint from a mighty, powerful God. He will no longer destroy His earth by flood. "I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." (Genesis 9:11)

What makes more sense than making a rainbow of our own? Plus, a little fine motor skill practice.


I honestly thought my 3.5 year old would enjoy ripping paper a little more than he did for this lesson! He made it through one color, so instead, I ripped, while he glued. The end result: a mosaic-like rainbow. (And mom getting that fine motor practice!) :)


Also on the plan for today - more tape on my carpet! This time... a lowercase b, covered by 'b'locks (and even some 'b'lue ones in there too!) Who knew the letter 'b' could be so much fun... especially when it leads includes block-playing time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.