Friday, August 30, 2013

more than just a "finger"play...


This is what my living room looks like, as we wait for my husband to come home this evening. In actuality, it's really pretty clean, lol, as compared to most days! The "stage" is strategically set for acting out the finger play in Little Hands to Heaven's Unit 7, called Baby in the Basket.

When we first started this curriculum, my son wanted nothing to do with the finger plays. He would actually say, "Mom, stop singing." (How's that for an ego check, lol). But, each week I try and he's started to come around and actually participate in the motions with me. This time, my daughter (who usually sits and watches me do them with Z), jumped in and said, "Let's act this one out! I'll go get my doll and we can"... do this and this and this... So, now we have a "baby in the basket" a "God's fire," and little actors who will be ready to jump up and down shouting "free, free, free!"

I will type out the finger play so that you can follow along with what I mean :)

Baby in the Basket
Float, float, float
Baby in the Basket
Float, float, float
Baby in the Basket
Float, float, float
God saved Moses
We all know.

Moses saw God's fire
F...F...F...
Moses saw God's fire
F...F...F...
Moses saw God's fire
F...F...F...
God spoke to Moses
From the bush.

God wants Israel set
Free, free, free
God wants Israel set
Free, free, free
God wants Israel set
Free, free, free
Israel has cried
Out to Me.

So today we jumped from "finger" plays to putting on a performance. What a great way to reiterate our Bible story!


Note: The "f" in the middle of the floor is from another part of our lesson - we jumped frogs on the taped-out "f" to learn the form of the letter f...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.