Saturday, September 21, 2013

waves. wind. sand.


Took a family beach trip this week. We live about three to four hours from the coast and try to make it to the beach at least once a year, but it doesn't always happen. However, this year we made it. Ahhh... It was truly a beautiful time to go. September temps are so much more pleasant than the heat of the summer! I don't think it reached 80, or if it did, it certainly didn't feel like it with the breezes! It was only Z's second time at the ocean. He had little hesitation and played most of the time at the water's edge, driving his over-sized monster truck or zooming his motorboat as the waves broke and rushed towards him. He got knocked over a few times and learned that the sea isn't one to turn his back on, but for the most part he just stayed right in the middle of it all. 
By the end of the trip, I came to the conclusion that my daughter is part dolphin. I don't think she spent any time out on the sand; she was too busy jumping waves and splashing around in the surf! She was also able to go out in a kayak with my husband and another friend of ours. That was the highlight of the trip for her. 

It was great to be away from home. Sometimes you just need a change of scenery! 



I think today (2 days later) I am finally caught up on laundry and putting everything back in order. Next week we will be back to normal school schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.