Thursday, October 3, 2013

numbers


This is a dice activity that I found on Teachers Pay Teachers. I don't often head to that site (too much Common Core stuff *shudder*), but I have found some preschool freebies that I liked. This Roll and Color being one of them. This idea could be easily replicated! The idea is that the child rolls the dice, then colors in the corresponding numeral on the worksheet.
It gets them counting the "spots" on the dice while then having to recognize which number that is on the paper. Counting + number recognition = winner!


p.s. Regarding Common Core... if you've not read much about it yet, this is the best article I have read so far, in terms of warning America of it's dangers. I've not watch the referenced video, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.