Thursday, October 10, 2013

playdough

Playdough. 
I think this must be one of the best (easiest) distraction "tools" in my house. Children squabbling? Younger student distracting the older student? Need a "right brain," creative activity?
Playdough.



Last year, I made a batch and it was good for the entire school year, however it was time for a new one. This time I added a color. Z chose green! Super easy to make, it takes longer to cool down than it does to mix up. The recipe below is one that has been used for years, both by the preschool I used to work in as a high schooler and now as used by me as a momma. :)  Probably not toxic to eat, it's definitely not an edible playdough, as it doesn't smell yummy. 


Homemade Playdough
(source: the Little School preschool)

1.5 c flour
3/4 c salt
1.5 tsp cream of tarter (a powder, in the spice aisle)
1.5 Tbs cooking oil
1.5 c water (opt: add in a few drops of food coloring here)

Mix all together.
Cook, stirring over medium heat on stove until boils and reaches a soft dough stage.

Take off heat, cool and put in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.