Friday, October 25, 2013

praying for husband

"Prayer isn’t the least we can do, it’s the most." -Randy Alcorn

Why do we sometimes have the tendency to resort to prayer as the last thing we do? As women, we are relational... we like to process things aloud, maybe with our husbands or a friend or in the blogosphere. What if I challenged that way of thinking and said we need to turn upward more than we turn outward?

As a married woman, one subject that I need to turn upward about is my husband. God has mercifully been reminding me of this recently, as I have "stumbled" across several posts/resources about this very topic... 

Prayers for the Journey: Ephesians edition
"A prayer and journaling journey for wives to take on behalf of their husbands."
by (in real life friend) Kimberly Campbell, from KD316

31 Days of Praying for your Husband 
"Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the Lord’s wise, loving care."
by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, from Revive Our Hearts Ministry

And lastly, one I just recently found, put together in cute little carry cards. ;)

Prayer Cards for our Husbands
"Now before we even look at these cards, let's remember that we aren't trying to change who our husbands are we're sending them a gift of prayer. The purpose is that they are strengthened in every area of their lives so that they might be joyful, strong, effective and productive."
by Darlene, from The Time-Warp Wife


Now. There you go. No excuses (for me or for you). Part my prep for our school day includes personal time in the Bible and prayer time. I'm going to use one of these resources to daily commit my husband and my marriage to prayer consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.