Tuesday, November 12, 2013

falling, falling, falling

One of the best things of fall is the brilliant display of color that bursts from the trees. One of the worst things about fall is when those leaves fall to the ground and need raking! However, this year, my husband made a deal with my daughter to pay her for raking. I have never seen her so eager to help with this outside chore! On three occasions, she has headed outside to go rake of her own initiative. She has also talked her brother into helping her each time, but he usually gets distracted and wanders off, in search of something a little less like work. Whether its the chore of raking or just playtime, it's been such a great fall to be outside. We enjoy taking our school outside too. Reading history from our hammocks or just some "run around" PE time is a welcome break from the kitchen table!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.