Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Anthem

There are so many new Christmas songs out these days, and for the most part, I really enjoy the traditional ones the best, however this one caught my attention when it came up on my iTunes mix today. I'm not sure when I got it; it might have been an Amazon freebie from a past year (they have free Christmas downloads each week in December).

It's a foot-stomping, hand-clapping kind of song for some down-home Christ-is-born celebratin'!
Here it is:

CHRISTMAS ANTHEM LYRICS

Landon Smith & The Real Matt Jones

Refrain:
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Is the jubilant refrain
God is sending us a Savior
Peace on earth, good will to men.

Hear what glorious song of angels
Is now ringing through the air
Never valley, never mountain
Heard an anthem half so fair.

Messengers of God's free mercy
Are now seen by human eye
Shepherds hear the wondrous message
"Glory be to God on high."

Refrain:
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Is the jubilant refrain
God is sending us a Savior
Peace on earth, good will to men.

Let us also sing the praises
Of our God so full of love
Who on Christmas sent a Savior
Sent a Savior from above.

Refrain:
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Is the jubilant refrain
God is sending us a Savior
Peace on earth, good will to men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.