Thursday, January 30, 2014

knitting

In my What I Hope to Know... in 2014 post, I included a personal goal of learning to knit. This month I have, at the encouragement of my daughter (as she wanted to learn as well), pulled out knitting needles and YouTube and set forth on a new hobby!

Many "knits" and "purls" later, I have a few projects completed that I thought would be fun to share.

My first scarf! I did a stitch called the "Triple Wave."

Some "wristies" for my L. I did a basic garter stitch.

An ipod touch case. This one took some thinking-through! I did a ribbed stitch for this one.

It's been really fun... and quite addicting. I haven't blogged as much (obviously) nor read as many books since I began this new hobby. I'm working on another scarf now and have found a few projects on Ravelry that are on my "to-do" list now.

My L even completed a project of her own. Aside from an on-going work in progress knitting a shawl, she recently completed a bunny. It started as a square piece, and then was strategically sewed together.

L's bunny. She knitted a garter stitch 8x8" square then sewed into form.


Do you knit or crochet? Are you on Ravelry? If so, leave your username in the comments and we can connect.
Are there any hobbies that you have picked up in this new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for interacting with me here at the Chronicle. I look forward to getting to know you.